Luckily for us, (but not so lucky for east-coasters) there was a huge snow storm that caused Diane's Friday flight home to be cancelled and re-scheduled for Monday. I spent all weekend hanging out with Diane. We did a little shopping, made dinner together, watched movies, and, of course, talked. And talked and talked. I love having Diane over for the weekend. With my family so far away it's nice to be reminded of my roots, to have at least a little bit of that family comfort. I just love sister time. No one knows me quite as well as Natalie and Diane do, that's for sure. While Diane was here she got to meet Sharpie, our gas-passing cat. She may be the snuggliest little buddy, but boy she stinks sometimes. I guess in that way Diane and Sharpie could be best friends. heheh...

So Diane left and Christmas arrived. Bob and I drove up to Bountiful Christmas Eve and spent the night at Walt and Kathie's. After driving around the neighborhood dropping off the last of the Christmas gifts we decided to watch Drag Me To Hell, because it was an OnDemand show (definitely a convenience over quality choice). Boy. I would recommend this movie to anyone who thinks an animatronic , possessed goat is something to be seriously concerned about. If you're majorly grossed out by old ladies throwing up, this is not the movie for you. If you're bothered by plot lines that are ridiculous, this is not the movie for you. To make a long story short, I could go on criticizing this movie for about 3 more paragraphs. It was meant to terrify, and instead I laughed through a lot of it. Bob and I went to bed Christmas Eve and awoke to Roxy the dog in all her excitement. She adores Bob, and immediately jumped up onto the bed to get us up and petting her. So we got up and went to the tree to see what Walt and Kathie...I mean Santa...had brought. We really cannot thank them enough. They are so incredibly giving and generous. I got enough new shoes to stave off my hunger for shoes for quite some time. Bob has been playing with a toy helicopter he got for days now. He also scored an awesome tool set. That means the days since Christmas have included a lot of "what should we build?" talk. I'm sure he'll be ready for a project soon enough.
After presents, I got out the brand-new, totally awesome waffle maker that my mom got for me. She also sent along a box of amazing waffle mix. In all honesty, they were the best waffles EVER!! Dee-lish! Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long because Bob had to work. He was such a help with the girls who were struggling with being away from home for the Christmas season. He does such a great job over there!!
All in all, it was a wonderful holiday. Thank you so much to everyone who helped make our holiday wonderful.
And now, to face a new year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment