Thursday, September 30, 2010

Apologies and Catching Up

I'd like to start by apologizing.  I realize I haven't posted anything since july. And I'm sorry about that. My new job as Merchandise Flow Supervisor at Victoria's Secret is challenging and exciting.  I absolutely love it! I've been so happy there. It's fast-paced and there's a lot to learn. I've been getting used to the workload, hence the lack of posting.

Diane's wedding in August was absolutely wonderful! We had so much to do, but it was wonderful to see my family and spend so much time with them. My little niece Matilda is the cutest little gal ever, and she keeps everyone busy and entertained. She's the best!!!

Doing the flowers was crazy and fairly terrifying, but I was so pleased with how they turned out. The attendants, Carol and Sarah, carried plain white daisies, the bridesmaids carried daisies with bupleurum, and diane carried daisies with bupleurum and button mums. I made about twelve boutonnieres. It was pretty nuts, but I was so happy to be able to participate in such an intimate way. I was also able to head up the cupcakes and decorating the cupcake stand. It all looked fantastic and I was so proud of all the work we did.



Maybe I'll buy some of the prints from the wedding and post them. We'll see.  But it was fabulous.

After coming home and settling into working Bob and I undertook to paint our bedroom.  We live in a downstairs apartment, and our room was painted an awful grey blue by the folks who'd rented it before us.  It was always dark and cave-like in there, so we went ahead and made it a lovely place to be.  Keep in mind that the first picture was  taken with as much lighting as we could get in there. The second picture just has the overhead light on.  We love the difference and I'm really happy with it. We got navy curtains to go with the stripes. personally, i think the stripes are awesome.  So that's that.  Work is going swimmingly and so is home life.  We're about as happy as two desperately in love people can be.  unless maybe we won a couple million dollars and got to hang out, vacation, and spend money thoughtlessly all day. if that were the case we might possibly be even more happy. maybe.  a new post is coming very very soon, as bob is almost done with a project that will blow you away!


1 comment:

  1. Woooo! I love your room! So perf. And you totally kicked anus on the flowers

    ReplyDelete