Well, I just wanted to brag a little about my fabulous marriage. Today is my second wedding anniversary (pause for applause). This October Bob and I will have been together for four years. In that time we've really developed something amazing. Now that I've seen as much of The Simpsons as has been released on DVD, I can proudly say that I get all his references now. We don't fight. We understand each other. It just works. I couldn't have married a better man. Bob and I are just two peas in a pod. I love that guy!!
So to celebrate, we decided to spend a night in Salt Lake. We went up fairly early, checked into the hotel, walked around the city, and went to dinner at The Melting Pot. Talk about orgasmic food!! I mean WOW! Every time I go there I stuff myself silly. The cheese fondue appetizer. Oh man. Just amazing, really. If you love cheese, this is an experience for you. The main course was an assortment of meats...chicken, teriyaki beef, pork, and lobster tail. Doesn't that just make your mouth water? I decided it was time for me to try lobster, and discovered that I'd put the experience off for far too long. I'll state officially that I regret not trying it sooner. Delicious. For dessert we went with the s'mores flambé, which is melted milk chocolate and marshmallow with an assortment of brownie chunks, strawberries, bananas, cookie-coated marshmallows, pound cake....lemme tell ya. It may be a little messy, but it's well-worth dripping chocolate all over your face. In the entry way they display their award for "Salt Lake City's Best Place To Blow Your Diet". Probably because a brick wall couldn't stop you from eating every last morsel you could possibly fit into your belly. Decadent. Transcendent. Irresistible. Indulgent. Deliciousx10. Love love love. After dinner we spent more time walking around the city and then went back to the hotel. It was beyond lovely. I adore my husband and I'm glad for every second I have with him. Even after four years I feel like I can't see enough of him. I was reminded of a song I did back when I was a choir girl that quoted a bible verse: "Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it." I used to think that I wanted that kind of love, and unquenchable, undying passion for my partner. My heart still brims and runs over with love for my husband, and I know that our love will only continue to grow. I'm so glad that I've found that kind of love. So a very Happy Anniversary to me. Hip-hip-hooray!

Beautiful entry. You two are perfect for one another. xxoo Congrats on the 2 years married!
ReplyDelete