Friday, July 17, 2009

Blue Skies







I just love Willie Nelson. Thanks for that, mom. :)

Bob and I decided Thursday morning to take kitty up Hobble Creek. We put her on her leash and let her wander. She loves eating grass, hunting bugs, and digging (her paws were brown when we got back in the truck). She tried going after some birds in a shrub, but couldn't be sneaky enough with her leash on. Poor little buddy. One of the best parts of the trip was the car ride. I held her collar while she rode with her head out the window, meowing as loudly as she could into the wind. What a strange kitty!

It was a beautiful day. There was a gentle, continuous breeze that kept the waist-high grass waving. Perfect for the heat. We came to a clearing where Bob and I both found our "favorite thing of the hike". We got an inordinate amount of rain for the months of May and June here in Utah, and has resulted in a particularly green spring with plenty of wildflowers (which I love). The spiky purple flower I found was at least 6 inches taller than me. The blossoms were as big as my palms. The first thing Bob noticed when we entered the clearing was a full, beautiful tree alone in the center of the clearing. It was such a lovely day!

I only got to take a few pictures of the cafe, but it'll give you an idea. I took pictures of the kitchen area and the back door (I like the paint work). I want my new thing at work to be latte art. It's difficult, but I'm pretty sure I can figure it out. check out this latte rabbit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KExWvT6WKQ&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment