Bob is bringing us to a new level of class and sophistication. That's right folks. Furniture that belongs together. This new world of custom built furniture has become extremely exciting. I can say "I need this", and voila! He crafts something more beautiful than i'd imagined for me. It's amazing to see his skills evolve and his talent blossom. It's a fantastic hobby for both of us. He loves it, I reap the benefits of it, and because of it our house is made more beautiful. Win-win-win. I'm so proud of my gorgeous hubby for all his skill and hard work. Totally amazing.
So after Bob built the drawer unit for me I was intrigued. I decided that a countertop by the stove would be a great next step, as he could continue on into building a "collection" and I could have my counterspace doubled. Once again, I'm blown away. He replicated the bulb-root design (which I adore) on the second piece. They look beautiful together and I'm amazed at what having a cohesive look does to improve my kitchen! Who would've thought! The only unfortunate factor is that the floor in that corner turned out to be shockingly uneven, so we've temporarily propped it and bob will be making adjustments so it doesn't rock back and forth at all. Three cheers for custom carpentry, where adjustments can be made!!
Thanks, Bob, for being the best husband, for making me beautiful things, for elevating my life to a more wonderfully happy place than I could've imagined.
Life is good, and I love my husband like crazy. (And my kitchen looks gorgeous.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GO BOB!!!! Linda it's totally gorgeous! I want to see in the flesh and admire it. Smell it maybe?
ReplyDeleteOooooo - I bet it smells like wood stain and finish! Sooo good.
ReplyDeleteIt's not like that's weird or anything Diane, cause I've been doing that to my kitchen (the smelling). Derishous!