These pumpkins are now decaying and getting moldy and soft. Maybe I should throw them away and make fresh ones. Probably not gonna happen.
I came across these awesome designs on a yahoo! featured article.


I definitely do not have this kind of pumpkin carving talent.Soon after our night of pumpkin carving Bob came home from work reporting that all the girls were on sick bed. Sure enough he started feeling sick a few days later. And of course, I quickly followed suit. I can officially inform you that swine flu can kill. It is NOT a pleasant thing. Avoid it at all costs! I threw up ten times. There was a bruise on my forehead because of it! Bob and I spent about a week with the couch bed pulled out, blankets piled on, watching Arrested Development, taking our temperatures every few hours. It was beyond miserable. But we've survived! We live to fight another day, surprisingly enough!
The most exciting news, of course, is the birth of my niece, Matilda Lukens! She was seven pounds, nine ounces, and a little reluctant to leave the comfort of her mommy's belly. She's absolutely gorgeous!!! She has old man hair and a little dimple on her chin! I love her. She's great! I can't wait to meet her!! I am SO excited to see my family this Thanksgiving! I miss them so much!!!

What a great tradition you guys have in carving pumpkins. I'm soooo glad you are over the flu and that you guys took such good care of each other. I can't wait to see little Matilda in person. She looks like a true Mathusek to me. I LOVE her dimple. Kiss and hug Natalie & Scott for Walt and me! xxoo MOM
ReplyDeletetell your family I said hi! I'm excited for Natalie!! oh and I'm taking my mom's blog private, if you want to read her blog you'll have to give me your email so I can send you an invite. I don't know if you know she has one but I thought I'd tell you anyway....
ReplyDeletehaha, I think you really did win! That graveyard scene was PERFECTION! Gongratz! :)
ReplyDeleteOne thing about huggin' the china in the back room because of the flue, is you feel so good when it is over !! Love grandpa
ReplyDelete