Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Going Green, I Guess

Well, I must first say a huge thanks to Walt and Kathie. Thanks for being ready to help us! We're so glad we have you guys!
We had the pleasure of having Diane over for a few days. We had a fabulous time. By that I mean we watched Project Runway and ate most of the time. It was awesome. It's so nice having her around. She's a cutie! So Sunday rolled around and we headed up to Salt Lake to drop Diane off with her ride. I was sad to see her go. Things were going smoothly until the car made an exploding noise and a burst of smoke came through the hood. Bob safely navigated us to the side of the road and Bob called for a tow while I called Kathie. They jumped up right then and were on their way in a matter of minutes. The tow truck was coming and we wouldn't have to wait for him to arrive. Walt showed up and, of course, got us safely situated behind the median (sorry we're so retarded, Walt) before taking Bob to have a look at the car. It wasn't starting. At all. So we headed to Provo and spent a little while hanging out together before they went home. I guess fate was saying "you need to spend time with Walt and Kathie". Thanks for reminding me fate. I appreciate it.
The truth is I'm no as angry as I think I should be. It was so nice to have the convenience of a second car, but a bike is a good second option. Everything will work out, as long as Bob and I have each other. Really, for a random car break down, we got off pretty easy. All in all the experience set us back maybe an hour. It certainly could've been a lot worse!

3 comments:

  1. you're one lucky bug. and if you're gonna be car-less somewhere, provo is definitely the place to be. . . bike lanes everywhere, awesome bus service, people are used to bikers. . . yeah. . . scott and i both REALLY MISS that part of living in provo. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sweetheart. Of course, we would drop everything for you two. As I KNOW you would do for us. I love you guys. It was fun hanging out -- even with a broken car. I STILL have hope that we can get that thing fixed. Love you guys, xxoo MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda -- will you change my background on my blog when you get time. Just pick a good one like you did before. Like the scrapbook one we started with. I can't figure it out and I don't like the one I've got now. Be a good girl. Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete